Our Website Marketing Team are Fan'tash'tic
Our website marketing team support Movember
The upper lips of some of the men in our website marketing team are a little hairier than usual this week as they’re taking part in the annual ‘Movember’ charity event, where men turn into ‘mo bros’ and grow moustaches for the month of November.
The event has become much publicised in the last few years since its launch in 2004 and has raised a terrific £1.9 million for prostate and breast cancer initiatives so far. At MonkeyFish Marketing we’re always fond of a good cause and, just last month, we raised money for the Pendle Hospice with a Halloween themed raffle.
For anyone who’s unaware of the event’s rules, they are simple:
• Each ‘mo bro’ must start November with clean shaven face.
• For the entirety of the month every single ‘mo bro’ must grow and maintain a moustache.
• The moustache must be as one, meaning any joining up with sideburns aren’t allowed – that’s considered a beard
• Each ‘mo bro’ are obligated conduct himself like a true country gentlemen.
Jon, Michael and Elliot, members of our web and analytics team, are the ones who’ve lent their faces to the cause and hope to raise as much money as possible throughout the month, whilst they’ll certainly have the full backing of the whole online marketing company.
While it’s going to be a lot of fun for our website marketing team, seeing how their moustaches evolve throughout the month, it’s important to remember the reasons behind it all. Here are a few alarming facts that we think everybody should be aware of:
• More than a third of people are diagnosed with Cancer in their lifetime.
• Prostate cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer in men in the UK.
• Over 40,000 men are detected to have prostate cancer every single year, while there are currently a huge total of 250,000 men living with the disease.
• Over 11% (1 in 9) of men in the UK are likely to battle prostate caner in their lifetime.
You can make a donation and keep up with their progress by visiting their page at http://uk.movember.com/mospace/3722205.